The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
12:00PM: Lunch Break
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for or against any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 15-5213 Invocation by Pastor Kevin Duhart, The Rock Fellowship Church, guest of Mayor Ivy R. Taylor.
2. 15-5214 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 15-5215 Approval of Minutes for the City Council Budget Work Session of September 1, 2015 and the Regular City Council Meetings of September 2 - 3, 2015.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
4. 15-4753 An Ordinance authorizing a contract with The Brandt Companies, LLC to provide the San Antonio International Airport with preventive maintenance, repairs, and parts for the HVAC equipment at the Central Utility Plant and the Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Control Building for a total estimated annual amount of $550,000.00, funded from the Aviation Operations and Maintenance Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
5. 15-4815 An Ordinance accepting an offer from the San Antonio Spurs, LLC d/b/a Spurs Sports & Entertainment, LLC to provide advertising promoting the City's residential recycling program for a total amount of $139,000.00, funded from the FY 2016 Solid Waste Operating and Maintenance Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
6. 15-4676 An Ordinance authorizing the following contracts establishing unit prices for goods and services for an estimated annual cost of $323,000.00: (A) New Earth, Inc. for mulch, (B) Sentry Protective Services, LLC for park gate opening & closing, (C) Associated Supply Company, Inc. d/b/a ASCO Equipment for Case construction equipment parts & service, (D) Sirchie Acquisition Company, LLC for SAPD narcotics test kits, and (E) Johnson Controls, Inc. for HVAC controls at the Central Library. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
Grant Applications and Awards
7. 15-5056 An Ordinance authorizing the submission of a grant renewal application to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the Immunization and Vaccines for Children Grant, and authorizing the acceptance of funds upon award in an amount up to $2,400,609.00 for a term beginning January 1, 2016 and ending December 31, 2016. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Dr. Vincent R. Nathan, Interim Director of Health]
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
8. 15-5181 Consideration of the following Board, Commission and Committee appointments for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017, to be effective immediately upon the receipt of eight affirmative votes, or, in the event eight affirmative votes are not received, ten days after appointment; or for terms and effectiveness as otherwise indicated below: [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
A) Appointing Tim Bartlett (District 3) and Justin Utz (District 3) to the Tax Reinvestment Zone No. 28 - Verano.
B) Reappointing Sue Ann Pemberton (Mayoral) to the HemisFair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire August 13, 2017.
9. 15-5175 An Ordinance reappointing John P. Jennings (District 1) to the Brooks Development Authority for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire May 31, 2017; and waiving the City Code residency requirement in Chapter 2, Article IX, Sec. 2-529(B) for this appointment. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
10. 15-4208 An Ordinance approving an interlocal agreement establishing concurrent jurisdiction for criminal cases arising from State law and punishable by fine only that are committed on the boundaries of the cities of San Antonio and any contiguous municipalities or within 200 yards of that boundary. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; William McManus, Chief of Police]
11. 15-4935 An Ordinance amending the organic composting contract with New Earth, Inc. to increase the contract value by $720,000.00 annually for a new contract amount not to exceed $1,320,000.00 annually and to add provisions for New Earth, Inc. to reimburse the City for the sale of mulch and other organic material. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; David W. McCary, Director, Solid Waste Management]
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Oct 08, 2015 City Council A Session on 2015-10-08 9:00 AM