The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
6:00PM: Time Certain Item - Public Comments
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for or against any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 15-5824 Invocation by Reverend Alberto Guadalupe Colin Marin, St. Joseph Church, guest of Councilmember Rey Saldaña, District 4.
2. 15-5825 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 15-5827 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council Meetings of October 7 - 8, 2015.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
ACTION ITEMS FOR STAFF BRIEFING
4. 15-5760 Presentation by the Texas A&M Institute of Renewable Natural Resources (IRNR) on the final San Antonio Water Policy Study developed by IRNR. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Dr. Roel Lopez, Director, Texas A&M Institute of Renewable Natural Resources]
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
5. 15-5316 An Ordinance accepting an offer from Dailey & Wells Communications, Inc., to provide the San Antonio Police and Fire Departments through the Information Technology Services Department - Radio Services Division with a contract in an amount not to exceed $783,977.44 to relocate vital communications equipment from the current tower leased from CPS Energy located at 326 W. Jones Avenue, to the nearby KSAT 12 Television tower located at 1408 N. St. Mary's Street. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
6. 15-5243 An Ordinance accepting the offer from Texas Bus Sales, Inc. to provide the Aviation Department with two Shuttle Buses with ADA Lifts for a total cost of $126,432.00, funded from the Airport Operating and Maintenance Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
7. 15-5352 An Ordinance accepting an offer and a bid from Med-Eng, LLC to provide four bomb disposal suits and modular components for the San Antonio Police Department in a cumulative amount of $73,592.00, funded by the Federal 2014 Urban Area Security Initiative Grant. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
8. 15-5242 An Ordinance authorizing the following contracts establishing unit prices for goods and services for an estimated annual cost of $590,000.00: (A) San Antonio Express-News and SA Legal News, LLC d/b/a the Hart Beat for official & other newspaper advertisements, and (B) Consolidated Traffic Controls, Inc. for school zone flasher communication. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
9. 15-5149 An Ordinance for the UTSA Boulevard (Babcock Road to Edward Ximenes Drive) Project, awarding a construction contract in the amount of $7,362,272.00 to Texas Sterling Construction of which $447,371.00 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water System and $293,476.00 will be reimbursed by CPS Energy, a 2007-2012 Bond savings and federally funded project, located in Council District 8. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
10. 15-5153 An Ordinance for the 36th Street Phase IIIB: Billy Mitchell to General Hudnell, an authorized $8,078,660.90 2012-2017 General Obligation and federally funded project, located in Council District 4, authorizing an owner-requested change order in the increased amount of $437,768.60 payable to Shannon Monk. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
11. 15-5348 An Ordinance for the Old Grissom Road resurfacing and pedestrian and bicycle underpass project awarding a construction contract to E-Z Bel Construction LLC in the amount of $1,166,766.18, of which $205,105.10 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water System, a 2007-2012 Bond Savings funded project located in Council District 6. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
12. 15-5351 An Ordinance for a Task Order Construction Contract for Federally Funded Projects, to FD Concrete, LLC, in an amount not to exceed $2,896,777.50 of which $37,697.50 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water System for the construction of federally funded capital projects, located throughout the City. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager, Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
13. 15-5459 An Ordinance authorizing the payment of $763,502.10 for real property interests, due diligence and closing costs for the acquisition of a 354-acre conservation easement on the Burell Ranch located in Medina County, Texas as part of the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program. [Maria Villagomez, Assistant City Manager; Xavier D. Urrutia, Director, Parks and Recreation]
14. 15-5541 An Ordinance authorizing a lease agreement with Lone Western Star Development for 159,286 square feet of ground space to develop and construct hangar condominiums at Stinson Municipal Airport. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Frank Miller, Director, Aviation]
15. 15-5572 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to a lease agreement with Sierra Victor, Inc. to extend the term three additional years with two one-year optional extensions in exchange for the tenant demolishing two hangars at the San Antonio International Airport. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Frank Miller, Director, Aviation]
Grant Applications and Awards
16. 15-5621 An Ordinance authorizing the addition of one position to the existing personnel complement for the FY 2016 Texas Department of State Health Services Sexually Transmitted Disease/HIV Grant to increase the number of positions from 9 to 10. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Vincent R. Nathan, PhD, MPH, Interim Health Director]
City Code Amendments
17. 15-5372 An Ordinance amending the existing fire code to require all non-sprinklered high-rise buildings to have fire sprinklers installed within twelve years. [Erik J. Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Charles N. Hood, Fire Chief]
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
18. 15-5700 Consideration of the following Board, Commission and Committee appointments for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017, to be effective immediately upon the receipt of eight affirmative votes, or, in the event eight affirmative votes are not received, ten days after appointment; or for terms and effectiveness as otherwise indicated below: [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
A) Reappointing Laura S. Martinez (District 5) to the San Antonio Housing Trust.
B) Appointing Jess Mayes (District 2) to the Citizens' Environmental Advisory Committee.
C) Appointing Marc K. Whyte (District 10) to the Ethics Review Board for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire April 25, 2017.
D) Reappointing Raymond H. Lucas (Mayoral) to the Office of Urban Redevelopment - OURSA and SAAH for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire December 18, 2016.
E) Reappointing Gloria M. Malone (District 2) to the San Antonio Public Library Board of Trustees for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire September 30, 2017.
19. 15-5747 Appointing Jason Koehne to the Planning Commission for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire October 6, 2016 and reappointing Michael A. Garcia, Jr., Marcello D. Martinez, Angela Rinehart, and Jody Sherrill for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire October 6, 2017.
20. 15-3479 An Ordinance authorizing revisions to the Air Service Incentive Development Program for the San Antonio International Airport to provide more flexibility in attracting new air service. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Frank Miller, Director, Aviation]
21. 15-5540 An Ordinance authorizing revisions to the Airline Operating Permit to allow non-signatory airlines to lease space under the Airline Operating Permit and Terminal Building Lease Agreement rather than in a separate agreement at the San Antonio International Airport. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Frank Miller, Director, Aviation]
22. 15-5401 An Ordinance authorizing a contract with the Department of State Health Services to allow the Office of the City Clerk continued on-line access to Birth Records for the term of September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2017. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
23. 15-5862 A Resolution authorizing City staff, in coordination with Bexar County and Spurs Sports & Entertainment, to negotiate the terms and conditions of a purchase agreement for the acquisition of Toyota Field and, upon purchase, to lease Toyota Field to SS&E for a term of 20 years. [Carlos J. Contreras III, Assistant City Manager; Michael J. Sawaya, Director, Convention & Sports Facilities]
24. 15-5411 An Ordinance authorizing the Fifth Amendment and Extension of the Alamodome Advertising License Agreement with Bottling Group, LLC d/b/a Pepsi Beverages Company to extend the term for 90 days through February 22, 2016, with up to seven additional 90-day extensions and estimated revenue to the City of $159,936.00. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Michael J. Sawaya, Director, Convention & Sports Facilities]
25. 15-5706 Consideration of the following two items relating to interlocal agreements with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio to provide services to the San Antonio Fire Department: [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Charles N. Hood, Fire Chief]
25A. 15-5843 An Ordinance authorizing an interlocal agreement with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio to provide the San Antonio Fire Department with emergency medical technician training and emergency medical services system oversight for an amount up to $921,688 in FY 2016 and, if renewed, up to $1,267,648 in FY 2017.
25B. 15-5844 An Ordinance authorizing an interlocal agreement with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio to provide the San Antonio Fire Department with emergency medical services medical direction for an amount up to $652,231 in FY 2016 and, if renewed, up to $899,431 in FY 2017.
26. 15-5582 Consideration of the following items relating to the INDO-US MIM TEC PVT, Ltd. project in Port San Antonio, located in Council District 4: [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; Rene Dominguez, Director, Economic Development]
26A. 15-5821 A Public Hearing and consideration of an Ordinance designating the Indo Reinvestment Zone located at 711 Davy Crockett Street, San Antonio, Texas 78226, Port San Antonio, in Council District 4.
26B. 15-5822 An Ordinance approving a 10-year, 100% Tax Abatement based on a capital investment of at least $24 million in personal property improvements and creation of at least 330 new full-time jobs.
26C. 15-5823 An Ordinance approving a Chapter 380 Economic Development Incentive Fund Grant Agreement in an amount up to $500,000.00 based on the creation of 330 new full-time jobs with at least 50 new full-time jobs paying $46,000.00 annually.
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may recess into executive session to discuss the following:
A. 15-5828 Deliberations regarding economic development negotiations and discuss related legal issues pursuant to Texas Government Code Sections 551.087 (economic development) and 551.071 (consultation with attorney).
B. 15-5829 Deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property and discuss related legal issues pursuant to Texas Government Code Sections 551.072 (real property) and 551.071 (consultation with attorney).
C. 15-5830 Discuss legal issues related to collective bargaining pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (consultation with attorney).
D. 15-5831 Discuss legal issues related to a lawsuit styled Richard Soza v. Officer Sean Graham, et al, Cause No.: 5:14-cv-01058-HLH pending in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (consultation with attorney).
E. 15-5849 Discuss legal issues related to worker's compensation benefits pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (consultation with attorney).
F. 15-5884 Discuss legal issues related to a lawsuit styled Rafael Lopez, et al vs. City of San Antonio, Cause Number 2015-CI-16908 pending in the 166th Judicial District Court, Bexar County, Texas pursuant to Texas Government Code Section 551.071 (consultation with attorney).
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. TIME CERTAIN ITEM (may be heard after this time) -
27. 15-5715 Public Comments on the final San Antonio Water Policy Study developed by Texas A&M Institute of Renewable Natural Resources. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; John Dugan, Planning and Community Development]
8:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Nov 12, 2015 City Council A Session on 2015-11-12 9:00 AM