The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
12:00PM: Lunch Break
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for or against any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 15-6209 Invocation by Deacon Alphonso Cervantes, Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, guest of Councilmember Cris Medina, District 7.
2. 15-6210 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 15-6211 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council Meetings of October 28 - 29, 2015.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
4. 15-5792 An Ordinance accepting the bid from New Beginnings Capital Partnership dba NBCP Sourcing and Technology to provide the San Antonio Fire Department Emergency Operations Center with the installation of a video wall system for a total cost of $297,393.84, funded from 2014 Urban Area Security Initiative Grant. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
5. 15-5802 An Ordinance authorizing the following contracts establishing unit prices for goods and services for an estimated annual cost of $396,000.00: (A) Southwest Wheel for automotive & industrial light assemblies, lens & mirrors, (B) Petroleum Solutions, Inc. for lubricant equipment parts and service, (C) Custom-Crete, LLC for low strength concrete material, (D) Zonar Systems, Inc. for GPS for SWMD vehicles, and (E) Siemens Building Technologies for full maintenance and repair of computer room air conditioning units at ITSD and EOC. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
6. 15-5799 An Ordinance authorizing the negotiation and execution of three On-Call, one-year Job Order Contracts each for an amount not to exceed $2,000,000.00 with the option to renew for one, one-year extension with Allbrite Constructors of Texas, Inc., Alpha Building Corporation and Tejas Premier Building Contractor, Inc. for the City's Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program, a HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) funded program for home rehabilitation and reconstruction projects. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
7. 15-5855 An Ordinance for the Central Library Chiller Replacement Project, awarding a construction contract to EZ Mechanical, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $599,400.00, a 2012-2017 General Obligation Library Bond-funded Project located in Council District 1. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
8. 15-5301 Consideration of two Ordinances related to the Terminal Area Taxiways Package 3 project at the San Antonio International Airport: [Carlos J. Contreras, III, Assistant City Manager; Frank Miller, Director, Aviation]
8A. 15-5929 An Ordinance authorizing a construction contract with SpawGlass Civil Construction, Inc. in the amount of $22,534,937.97.
8B. 15-5930 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment with Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $3,430,725.49 to provide additional design, construction administration, resident project representation, and inspection services.
Grant Applications and Awards
9. 15-4226 An Ordinance authorizing the acceptance of an EastPoint Artist Residencies Our Town Grant, in the amount of $100,000, from the National Endowment for the Arts and authorizing the execution of any necessary agreements. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; Felix Padron, Director, Culture and Creative Development]
10. 15-6028 An Ordinance authorizing acceptance upon award of $1,879,398.00 in Community Services Block Grant funds from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for the period January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016; approving a budget and personnel complement; and authorizing Memorandums of Agreement with institutions of higher education to facilitate internship opportunities for local students. [Maria Villagomez, Assistant City Manager; Melody Woosley, Director, Human Services]
11. 15-5978 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to the existing contract for employee benefit consulting services with Buck Consultants, LLC, to extend the term of the contract on a month-to-month basis beginning January 1, 2016 with no additional funding. [Ben Gorzell, Jr., Chief Financial Officer; Lori Steward, Director, Human Resources]
12. 15-6025 An Ordinance approving revisions to the City's Affordable Housing Policy for the HOME Investment Partnerships Program, Community Development Block Grant, and the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; John Dugan, Director, Planning and Community Development]
13. 15-5766 A Resolution recommending adoption of the City of San Antonio Hazard Mitigation Action Plan [Erik J. Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Charles N. Hood, Fire Chief]
14. 15-6026 A Resolution of No Objection for the Oak Valley Apartments project application to the State's 4% Tax Credit Program located in Council District 10. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; John Dugan, Director, Planning and Community Development]
15. 15-5940 A Resolution approving Bexar County tax abatements for the 1130 Broadway and 111 W. Jones projects located within the boundaries of the Inner City and Midtown Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones, respectively. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; John Dugan, Director, Planning and Community Development]
City Manager's Report
16. 15-6154 City Manager's Report
A. Convention and Visitor's Bureau Update
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Dec 10, 2015 City Council A Session on 2015-12-10 9:00 AM