The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
12:00PM: Lunch Break
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for or against any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 16-1199 Invocation by Chief-Apostle/Bishop Rosa L. Wilson, Greater Faith Institutional Church guest of Councilmember Joe Krier, District 9
2. 16-1200 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 16-1201 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council Meetings of November 18 - 19, 2015.
4. 16-1202 Councilmember Rey Saldaña will be sworn-in as Mayor Pro-Tem, serving the term January 23, 2016 through April 2, 2016.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
5. 15-6125 An Ordinance accepting the offer from Siddons-Martin Emergency Group, LLC to provide the San Antonio Fire Department with two additional Dodge 5500 Type 6 Brush Trucks for a total cost of $355,994.00, funded from the FY2016 Adopted Capital Budget. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
6. 15-6137 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to the contract with Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep to provide the San Antonio Fire Department with one additional Turnkey Type I Ambulance for a total cost of $190,250.00, funded from the FY2016 Adopted Capital Budget. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
7. 15-6142 An Ordinance accepting the offer from Caldwell Country Chevrolet to provide the San Antonio Police Department with eight replacement Chevrolet Tahoe Police Pursuit Vehicles for a total cost of $283,120.00, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
8. 15-6170 An Ordinance authorizing the following contracts establishing unit prices for goods and services for an estimated annual cost of $1,573,200.00: (A) Midwest Veterinary Supply and Patterson Veterinary for veterinarian pharmaceuticals and vaccine supplies, (B) Stryker Sales Corporation for the purchase & maintenance of ambulance stretchers, combination chairs & cot holders, (C) Ungerboeck Software International, Inc. for Ungerboeck maintenance & support, and (D) Cartegraph Systems, Inc. for Cartegraph upgrades to include maintenance and support. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
9. 15-6213 An Ordinance approving the assignment of an agreement for removal of downtown parking meters from Boar 2000, LLC to the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; John Jacks, Interim Director, Center City Development & Operations Department]
Grant Applications and Awards
10. 16-1025 An Ordinance awarding City Council Project Fund grant allocations for the Musical Bridges Around the World: Kids to Concert Program in an amount not less than $27,800.00; and for The Magik Theatre: Tickets to Literacy Program in an amount not less than $16,318.19. [John Peterek, Assistant to the City Manager; Christopher Callanen, Assistant to City Council]
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
11. 16-1067 Consideration of the following Board, Commission and Committee appointments for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017, to be effective immediately upon the receipt of eight affirmative votes, or, in the event eight affirmative votes are not received, ten days after appointment; or for terms and effectiveness as otherwise indicated below: [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
A) Appointing Anne-Marie Grube (District 7) to the Historic and Design Review Commission.
B) Appointing Jeffrey M. Watson (District 10) to the Linear Creekway Parks Advisory Board.
C) Appointing Freda Facey (District 9) to the San Antonio Arts Commission.
D) Appointing Michael D. Moore (District 9) to the Capital Improvements Advisory Committee.
E) Appointing Dayna V. Valdez (District 5) to the San Antonio Youth Commission.
12. 15-6229 An Ordinance appointing Valerie L. Moore (District 7) to the Animal Care Services Advisory Board and Kevin R. Latone (District 10) to the Transportation Advisory Board for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017; and waiving the City Code residency requirement in Chapter 2, Article IX, Sec. 2-529(B) for said appointments. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
13. 16-1215 An Ordinance rescheduling City Council Meetings in January and February 2016; scheduling a B Session on January 27, 2016 and a City Council Meeting on January 28, 2016. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
14. 16-1211 An Ordinance waiving provisions of the City's Ethics Code related to Mayor Ivy Taylor's previous interest in SAHA-administered Housing and Urban Development Housing Choice Voucher Program contracts. [Martha G. Sepeda, Acting City Attorney]
15. 16-1260 A Resolution to initiate land use review and zoning analysis to make the zoning consistent with the current land use and surrounding developments at Lot 9, Block 2, NCB 14862, located at 6451 Babcock Road in Council District 8. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Roderick Sanchez, Director, Development Services]
16. 16-1152 An Ordinance ratifying the First Amendment and Second Extension of the City of San Antonio Financial Advisor Services Contracts with Coastal Securities, Inc. and Estrada Hinojosa & Company, Inc. for Financial Advisor or Co-Financial Advisor Services in connection with the City's financings, for a two month term, commencing January 1, 2016 and terminating February 29, 2016, under the same terms and conditions, with the option to renew for one additional one month period, commencing March 1, 2016 and ending March 31, 2016. [Ben Gorzell, Jr., Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director of Finance]
17. 15-6293 A Public Hearing and consideration of an Ordinance substantially amending the FY 2016 Annual Action Plan and Budget by authorizing the reprogramming of FY 2004-2010 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds in the amount of $3,541,831.12 to nine infrastructure projects, one community facility project, and comprehensive planning; and authorizing the reprogramming of $993,500.00 in HOME Investment Partnerships Program funds from two cancelled projects to one Community Housing Development Organization Single-Family New Construction project and two Rental Housing Development Gap Financing projects. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; John Dugan, Planning and Community Development]
18. 15-5916 A Resolution recognizing and celebrating the devoted service and community leadership of State Representative Ruth Jones McClendon, District 120. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Jeff Coyle, Director, Government and Public Affairs]
19. 15-5979 A Resolution recognizing and celebrating the devoted service and community leadership of State Representative Joe Farias, District 118. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Jeff Coyle, Director, Government & Public Affairs]
20. 16-1003 Consideration of the following in connection with the Financing and Refinancing of Certain Educational and Housing Facilities for Our Lady of the Lake University: [Ben Gorzell, Jr., Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director of Finance]
At this time, the City Council of the City of San Antonio will recess and convene as the Board of Directors of the City of San Antonio, Texas Education Facilities Corporation to consider the following:
20A. 16-1204 A Resolution by the Board of Directors of the City of San Antonio, Texas Education Facilities Corporation approving and authorizing the execution of a Tax-Exempt Loan Agreement between the City of San Antonio, Texas Education Facilities Corporation, Our Lady of the Lake University (the "University"), and Capital One Municipal Funding, Inc., for the purpose of financing and refinancing certain educational and housing facilities of the University; and approving and authorizing the execution of all other instruments and procedures related thereto.
At this time, the Board of Directors of the Education Facilities Corporation will adjourn and the City Council of San Antonio will reconvene to continue the meeting to consider the following:
20B. 16-1205 A Resolution approving, for purposes of Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code, a Tax-Exempt Loan Agreement by and Among the City of San Antonio, Texas Education Facilities Corporation, Our Lady of the Lake University, and Capital One Municipal Funding, Inc.
21. 16-1074 Consideration of the following financial matters related to the San Antonio Water System: [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
21A. 16-1206 An Ordinance authorizing the issuance of obligations designated as "City of San Antonio, Texas Water System Junior Lien Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2016A (No Reserve Fund)" (Series 2016A Bonds), in an amount not to exceed $244,805,000 to refund the District Special Project Debt Obligations and refund outstanding San Antonio Water System debt for debt service savings;
21B. 16-1207 An Ordinance authorizing the issuance of obligations designated as "City of San Antonio, Texas Water System Junior Lien Revenue Refunding Bonds, Taxable Series 2016B (No Reserve Fund)" (Series 2016B Bonds), in an amount not to exceed $159,805,000 to refund the District Special Project Debt Obligations;
21C. 16-1208 An Ordinance authorizing the dissolution of the District Special Project upon the retirement and termination of the District Special Project Debt Obligations;
21D. 16-1209 A Resolution authorizing the submittal of an application requesting financial assistance under the Texas Water Development Board's (TWDB) Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Program in the amount of $12,500,000 for funding of certain qualified water projects; and,
21E. 16-1210 A Resolution establishing the City's intention to reimburse itself for the prior lawful capital expenditures of funds from the proceeds of tax-exempt obligations not to exceed $12,500,000.
City Manager's Report
22. 16-1195 City Manager's Report
A. Transportation Network Companies
B. Aviation Update
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Jan 14, 2016 City Council A Session on 2016-01-14 9:00 AM