The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
12:00PM: Lunch Break
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for or against any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 16-5291 Invocation by Nancy Abbott, Chaplain, YMCA of Greater San Antonio.
2. 16-5292 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 16-5293 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council Meetings of September 7 - 8, 2016.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
4. 16-4994 An Ordinance authorizing a contract with Staff Pro, Inc. to provide event attendant services for the Convention and Sports Facilities Department for an estimated annual cost of $1,200,000.00, funded from the FY2017 Community & Visitor Facilities Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
5. 16-4844 An Ordinance authorizing the following contracts establishing unit prices for goods and services for an estimated annual cost of $190,000.00: (A) Quality Traffic Data, LLC for traffic counting services and (B) Airgas USA, LLC for laboratory, medical and welding gases and welding supplies. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
6. 16-4747 An Ordinance for the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center Expansion Project, authorizing change orders in the amount of up to $2,500,000.00 to the existing Design Build Services agreement and amending the total contract amount not-to-exceed $307,300,000.00 payable to Hunt-Zachry, a Joint Venture, a Hotel Occupancy Tax funded project, for multiple unforeseen site conditions and operational adjustments, located citywide, and as a planned part of the project close-out, existing project funds will be moved to address final project issues. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
7. 16-4874 Consideration of three Ordinances related to airfield projects partially funded by the Airport Improvement Program grants of the Federal Aviation Administration at the San Antonio International Airport: [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Noel T. Jones, Director, Aviation]
7A. 16-5295 An Ordinance authorizing a construction contract with J3 Company, LLC in the amount of $9,216,350.00 for Package 4 of the Runway 12R Rehabilitation and Terminal Area Taxiways Improvements projects.
7B. 16-5296 An Ordinance authorizing a construction contract with SpawGlass Civil Construction, Inc. in the amount of $469,315.67 for Package 1 of the International Airport's Perimeter Road Reconstruction project.
7C. 16-5297 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment with Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc in an amount not to exceed $2,050,573.00 for construction administration, resident project representation, project management, inspection services and additional design services for Runway 12R Rehabilitation, Terminal Area Taxiways Improvements and Taxiway E Reconstruction projects.
8. 16-4906 Consideration of the following four street maintenance contracts for the FY 2017-2022 Infrastructure Management Program for an amount not to exceed $26,482,246.65 and the FY 2017 Capital Improvements Budget: [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
8A. 16-5298 An Ordinance for the 2017 Asphalt Overlay Contract Package 1- accepting the lowest responsive bid and awarding a contract to Clark Construction of Texas, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $8,455,977.00, of which $281,500.00 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water Systems and $43,000.00 will be reimbursed by CPS Energy for necessary adjustments to its existing infrastructure.
8B. 16-5299 An Ordinance for the 2017 Asphalt Overlay Contract Package 2- accepting the lowest responsive bid and awarding a contract to J&P Paving Co., Inc. in an amount not to exceed $3,779,362.85, of which $98,500.00 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water Systems and $7,600.00 will be reimbursed by CPS Energy for necessary adjustments to its existing infrastructure.
8C. 16-5300 An Ordinance for the 2017 Asphalt Overlay Contract Package 3- accepting the lowest responsive bid and awarding a contract to Clark Construction of Texas, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $8,347,433.50, of which $281,500.00 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water Systems and $43,000.00 will be reimbursed by CPS Energy for necessary adjustments to its existing infrastructure.
8D. 16-5301 An Ordinance for the 2017-2018 Reconstruction/ Reclamation Task Order Package 12, accepting the lowest responsive bid and awarding a Task Order Contract to Alamo City Constructors, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $5,899,473.30, of which $490.00 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water Systems for necessary adjustments to its existing infrastructure.
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
9. 16-5058 An Ordinance authorizing the 1st Renewal and 2nd Amendment to Lease Agreement with Brass Centerview 2016, LLC for the continued use as the City Council District 7 Constituent Office of the office space located at 4414 Centerview Drive, Suite 160, for the monthly rental amount of $1,925.00. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; John Jacks, Interim Director, Center City Development & Operations]
10. 16-5101 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of a 26 month lease agreement between the City of San Antonio and Univision Radio Broadcasting Texas, LP for a 1,300 rentable square foot space in the City-owned property located at 101 South Santa Rosa Street, in Council District 1, for use as a broadcasting facility for an annual amount of $10,560.00 during the term. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; John Jacks, Interim Director, Center City Development & Operations]
11. 16-4615 Consideration of two Ordinances related to property agreements at the San Antonio International Airport: [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Noel T. Jones, Director, Aviation]
11A. 16-5302 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to the lease agreement with VT San Antonio Aerospace, Inc. to modify the square footage of the leasehold; adjusting the ground rental rates and incorporating new provisions as required by the Federal Aviation Administration.
11B. 16-5303 An Ordinance authorizing a license agreement with Security Service Federal Credit Union for access to Airport-owned easements to provide an ingress and egress to their property at the southeast corner of the intersection of the frontage road of US Highway 281 North and Jones-Maltsberger.
Grant Applications and Awards
12. 16-4796 An Ordinance authorizing the acceptance of grant funds in an amount up to $46,664,779.00 for the period beginning October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017, consistent with the award; a full year budget in the amount of $50,370,034.00 which includes an in-kind match of $3,665,255.00; a personnel complement of 62 positions; execution of a contract with Community Council of South Central Texas, Inc. for a transitional six-month period in an amount up to $337,000.00 to provide childcare services to 11 rural counties in the Alamo Workforce Development Area [María Villagómez, Assistant City Manager; Melody Woosley, Director, Human Services]
City Code Amendments
13. 16-5066 An Ordinance amending the Unified Development Code to include design requirements for a new River Improvement Overlay District relating to San Pedro Creek (RIO-7). [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; Shanon Shea Miller, Director, Office of Historic Preservation]
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
14. 16-5265 Consideration of the following Board, Commission and Committee appointments for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017, to be effective immediately upon the receipt of eight affirmative votes, or, in the event eight affirmative votes are not received, ten days after appointment; or for terms and effectiveness as otherwise indicated below: [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
A) Reappointing Linda M. Jackson (District 6) to the Ethics Review Board for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire April 26, 2018.
15. 16-5145 An Ordinance authorizing a contract for emergency care veterinary services with Animal Emergency Room in an amount up to $100,000.00 for a one-year term with the option to renew for four additional one-year terms. [Maria D. Villagomez, Assistant City Manager; Heber Lefgren, Director, Animal Care Services]
16. 16-5151 An Ordinance authorizing memorandum of agreements for low-cost vaccination & wellness clinics with Wellness on Wheelz and Pet Shotz, Inc. for a two-year term with the option to renew for two additional one-year terms. [Maria D. Villagomez, Assistant City Manager; Heber Lefgren, Director, Animal Care Services]
17. 16-4826 An Ordinance authorizing a professional service agreement with InterVISTAS Consulting Inc. for a parking analysis and feasibility study of the parking and ground transportation operations at the San Antonio International Airport in the amount of $123,442.00. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Noel T. Jones, Director, Aviation]
18. 16-5160 An Ordinance adopting the San Antonio Film Commission Strategic Plan to increase film production in San Antonio; updating City Code Section 2-3 to establish the San Antonio Film Office as the designated film liaison agency; and authorizing the waiver of fees associated with the use of City-owned facilities for filmmaking upon approval by the San Antonio Film Office and the director of the Managing City Department. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; Debbie Racca-Sittre, Interim Director, Culture and Creative Development]
19. 16-4820 An Ordinance authorizing execution of a contract with AS&G Claims Administration, Inc. to provide third-party administration services for workers' compensation claims for the City in an estimated annual amount of $1,032,000.00 for the first year of the contract, funded by the Workers' Compensation Self Insurance Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Director, Finance]
20. 16-5150 An Ordinance approving an amendment to the Merchant Payment Instrument Processing Contract with JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. and Paymentech, LLC to allow the City to provide enhanced security measures on credit card transactions. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer]
21. 16-5287 A Resolution honoring Filipino World War II Veterans and supporting the award of a Congressional Gold Medal. [Carlos J. Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Jeff Coyle, Government and Public Affairs; Juan Ayala, Director, Office of Military Affairs]
22. 16-4991 An Ordinance authorizing an Interlocal Agreement with VIA Metropolitan Transit for the purchase of VIA EZ Rider Program Passes for City employees for a total estimated expenditure of $600,000.00. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Lori Steward, Human Resources Director]
23. 16-4722 Public Hearing and consideration of an Ordinance amending the boundary of Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #11, the Inner City TIRZ, adding 1,530 parcels to further economic development opportunities and to make any necessary changes to the TIRZ Project Plan. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning and Community Development]
24. 16-4957 An Ordinance approving the MidTown Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #31 Amended Project and Finance Plans. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning & Community Development]
25. 16-5110 An Ordinance authorizing the allocation of $110,450.00 in FY 2017 HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) Community Housing Development Organization Operating Expense set-aside funds to Habitat for Humanity of San Antonio, Neighborhood Housing Services of San Antonio, Our Casas Resident Council, and San Antonio Youth Housing Development. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning and Community Development]
26. 16-5111 A Resolution of No Objection for Mission Vitre Redevelopment, LP's application to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for 4% Housing Tax Credits for Chateau de Vitre, a 242 unit multi-family rental housing development located at 700 West Commerce Street in Council District 5. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning and Community Development].
City Manager's Report
27. 16-5294 City Manager's Report
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Oct 13, 2016 City Council A Session on 2016-10-13 9:00 AM