The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
12:00PM: Lunch Break
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for or against any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 16-6017 Invocation by Pastor Dave Murillo, St. Paul Lutheran Church, guest of Councilmember Shirley Gonzales, District 5.
2. 16-6018 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 16-6019 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council Meetings of October 19 - 20, 2016
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
4. 16-5734 An Ordinance accepting the offer from Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep to provide one replacement medical special operations unit ambulance for a total cost of $277,050.00, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
5. 16-5738 An Ordinance accepting the offer from Doggett Freightliner of South Texas, LLC to provide three replacement aerial trucks for a total cost of $460,043.69, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
6. 16-5755 An Ordinance accepting the offer from Creative Bus Sales to provide two replacement and one additional 23-passenger shuttle buses for a total cost of $371,140.00, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund and the Department of Human Services General Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
7. 16-5700 An Ordinance authorizing the following contracts establishing unit prices for goods and services for an estimated annual cost of $495,000.00: (A) Tehco, Inc. for gasoline and diesel refueling parts and service, (B) Earth Networks, Inc. for WeatherBug Outdoor Lightning Alerting System services and equipment, and (C) KONE, Inc. for elevator and escalator preventative maintenance. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
8. 16-5430 An Ordinance awarding the execution of a Professional Design Services Agreement with Bain Medina Bain, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $800,000.00 of which $140,000.00 will be reimbursed by SAWS for joint design services in order to develop a construction design plan for the West Commerce Economic Corridor Project, located in Council District 5. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation and Capital Improvements]
9. 16-5623 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of a Construction Manager at Risk contract with Guido Brothers Construction Company Inc., in the amount not to exceed $13,000,000.00 for the Hemisfair Civic Park Project's Utility Infrastructure Phase, a Certificates of Obligation funded project, located in Council District 1. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
10. 16-5752 An Ordinance authorizing the negotiation and execution of a Developer Participation Agreement with PKB Development, LLC. in an amount not to exceed $220,000.00 for the construction of a roadway entrance into MLK Park from the access road of IH-10, a 2016 Certificates of Obligation funded project located in Council District 2. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
11. 16-5661 Consideration of the following two items with USAA Realco to facilitate the installation/construction of various infrastructure improvements along La Cantera Parkway in Council District 8: [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
11A. 16-6021 An Ordinance authorizing a permit for the installation of signage within La Cantera Pkwy, public right of way between IH-10 and Loop 1604 in Council District 8, as requested by USAA Realco for a fee of $500.00; and waiving applicable sections of Chapter 28 and Chapter 37 of the City Code.
11B. 16-6022 An Ordinance authorizing the negotiation and execution of a Funding Agreement with USAA Realco and providing funds up to 50% of the cost not to exceed $600,000 for the resurfacing of La Cantera Parkway between IH-10 and Loop 1604.
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
12. 16-4644 An Ordinance authorizing the acquisition through condemnation of up to 7.939 acres in NCB 15010 located along Salado Creek in Council District 9 for the Linear Creekway Development Project, a 2010 Proposition 2 Sales Tax Initiative funded project; property being in the City of San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas; declaring the Linear Creekway Development Project on aforementioned waterway to be a public project for public use; declaring public necessity for the acquisition of privately owned real property; and authorizing the City Attorney and/or designated special counsel to file eminent domain proceedings. [María Villagómez, Assistant City Manager; Xavier D. Urrutia, Director, Parks and Recreation]
13. 16-5826 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of a Sports License Agreement with Prospect Hill Yellow Jackets Athletic Club for use and maintenance of three sports fields and concession building at Rosedale Park located in Council District 5 for a five year term beginning January 1, 2017, and ending December 31, 2021; no City funds are associated with this action. [María Villagómez, Assistant City Manager; Xavier D. Urrutia, Director, Parks & Recreation]
Street Closures and Traffic Control Procedures
14. 16-5412 An Ordinance closing, vacating and abandoning 1.000 acre of Snell Drive Public Right of Way located at Ackerman Road in Council District 2 for a fee of $31,150.00. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
15. 16-5417 An Ordinance closing, vacating and abandoning 0.007 of an acre of Newell Avenue Public Right of Way, abutting 226 Newell Avenue in Council District 1 for a fee of $7,545.00. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
City Code Amendments
16. 16-5990 Consideration of the following three items relating to Vehicles to Hire: [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; William McManus, Police Chief]
16A. 16-6041 An Ordinance authorizing the City to enter into annual operating agreements with Transportation Network Companies beginning December 31, 2016 with 3 one year renewal options.
16B. 16-6042 An Ordinance amending Article I, General Provisions, Article V, Limousine Services, Article VII, Tour and Charter Service, and Article VIII, Taxicabs to Chapter 33 of the City Code of San Antonio, Texas, to amend the definitions, the fees, and the operating procedures and requirements.
16C. 16-6043 An Ordinance amending Chapter 3, Article II, Section 3-180 of the City Code of San Antonio, Texas, to amend ground transportation fees.
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
17. 16-5953 Appointing John P. Dice and Edward Patrick Magallanes to the Building Standards Board Healthcare Professional At-Large Category for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
18. 16-5637 An Ordinance authorizing a concessionaire contract with Sovereign Services of Houston for valet services in the downtown area. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; John Jacks, Interim Director, Center City Development & Operations Department]
19. 16-5844 An Ordinance approving the First Amendment to the Property Redevelopment Agreement for the Agave Apartments at 633 S. Saint Mary's Street, located in Council District 1. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; John Jacks, Interim Director, Center City Development & Operations]
20. 16-5842 An Ordinance approving the Third Amendment to the Workforce Solutions Alamo Interlocal Agreement as recommended by the Committee of Six on August 29, 2016 and approving the Fourth Amendment to the WSA Partnership Agreement and appointments to the WSA Board of Directors as recommended by the Committee of Six on October 19, 2016. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Rene Dominguez, Director, Economic Development]
21. 16-5861 An Ordinance authorizing the issuance of approximately $52,000,000 "City of San Antonio, Texas Variable Rate Certificates of Obligation, Series 2016" (the "Certificates") and levying an annual ad valorem tax, within the limitations prescribed by law, for the payment of the Certificates; prescribing the form, terms, conditions, and resolving other matters incident and related to the issuance, sale, and delivery of the Certificates; authorizing the execution of a Paying Agent/Registrar Agreement and a Purchase and Investment Letter; and providing for an effective date. [Ben Gorzell, Jr., Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Financial Officer]
22. 16-5619 An Ordinance authorizing an Interlocal Agreement with VIA Metropolitan Transit to provide Emergency Transportation Services for the City of San Antonio Office of Emergency Management during a State activation. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Charles N. Hood, Fire Chief]
23. 16-5850 An Ordinance authorizing a professional services contract with Pre-Employ.com, to provide post-offer criminal background check services consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act for a three year term beginning January 1, 2017 and ending December 31, 2019, with two one year renewal terms at the City's option, at an estimated annual expense of $30,000.00. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Lori Steward, Human Resources Director]
24. 16-5831 An Ordinance authorizing an Interlocal Agreement with the Edwards Aquifer Authority for a five year term ending December 2021 in an amount not to exceed $175,000.00 annually, for a total amount of $875,000.00 from the 2015 Proposition 1 Parks Development & Expansion Fund available in the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program Project. [María Villagómez, Assistant City Manager; Xavier D. Urrutia, Director, Parks and Recreation]
25. 16-5750 An Ordinance amending the boundary of the Northeast Corridor Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) #33 by adding approximately 595 parcel acres. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning & Community Development]
26. 16-5851 An Ordinance authorizing awards of trust assistance from the San Antonio Housing Trust totaling $930,000.00 to support four affordable housing projects located in Council Districts 1, 2, and 7; authorizing the duly authorized, representatives of the San Antonio Housing Trust and the City Of San Antonio to execute any and all documents and agreements in connection with these transactions; appropriating funds; and providing for payment. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning and Community Development]
27. 16-5773 A Resolution of No Objection for NRP Lone Star Development, LLC's application to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for non-competitive 4% Housing Tax Credits program for the development of Lord Road Apartments, a 324 unit multi-family rental housing development located at Lord Road and W.W. White Road in Council District 2. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning and Community Development]
28. 16-5848 A Resolution in Support of the San Antonio Housing Authority's application to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for competitive 9% housing tax credits and identifying East Meadows Phase II Multi-Family Project, located in Council District 2, as contributing "most significantly to the concerted revitalization efforts" of the City of San Antonio. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning and Community Development]
City Manager's Report
29. 16-6020 City Manager's Report
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Dec 08, 2016 City Council A Session on 2016-12-08 9:00 AM