The City Council shall convene and hold its regular meeting in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Call to Order
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation with the City Attorney's Office concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for, against, or on any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
1. 17-3140 Invocation by Reverend Ann Helmke, Faith-Based Community Liaison, guest of Councilmember Ron Nirenberg, District 8.
2. 17-3141 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 17-3142 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council meetings of April 5 - 6, 2017.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
ACTION ITEMS FOR STAFF BRIEFING
4. 17-3132 An Ordinance authorizing an extension to the Cooperative Agreement among the City of San Antonio, Texas General Land Office, and the Alamo Endowment Board to provide for design and implementation of the Alamo Master Plan and approval of the Alamo Master Plan and conceptual approval of the following: Closing of Alamo Street from Houston Street to Market Street and Crockett Street from Losoya Street to Bonham; Repairing and relocating the Cenotaph; and the future conveyance to the State of Texas the rights-of-way and parts of Alamo Plaza that are necessary to reclaim the historic Mission Plaza. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager]
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
5. 17-2676 An Ordinance accepting the bid from Compumeric Engineering, Inc. dba Bearsaver Securr to provide 110 stainless steel indoor trash and recycle containers for the Convention and Sports Facilities Department for a total cost of $68,090.00, funded from the FY 2017 Community & Visitor Facilities Fund Operating Budget. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
6. 17-2717 An Ordinance authorizing the following contracts establishing unit prices for goods and services for an estimated annual cost of $137,733.68: (A) SJ&J Solutions dba Affordable Window Washing Services for pressure washing services and (B) CCG Systems, Inc. dba Faster Asset Solutions for an amendment to the annual contract for Faster Fleet annual support. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
7. 17-1545 Consideration of the following items related to the Quintana Road Project from Harmon Avenue to McKenna Avenue, a Local Agency Management Project, funded by the Federal Highway Administration, State of Texas Economically Disadvantaged County Program, and Port San Antonio, located in Council District 4: [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
7A. 17-3144 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to an Advanced Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation to accept an additional $58,800.00 from federal funds and an additional $57,921.00 from state funds for a total not to exceed amount of $7,903,948.00 for project costs related to the construction of the Quintana Road Project.
7B. 17-3145 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to the Interlocal Agreement (ILA) between the City of San Antonio and the Port Authority of San Antonio providing reimbursement to the Port Authority of an additional $298,900.00 for a total not-to-exceed $1,018,900.00 for project-related expenses; reducing the Port's funding responsibility by $64,448.00 due to increased federal and state participation through an amendment to the existing Advanced Funding Agreement between the City of San Antonio and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT); and establishing the Port Authority's total funding responsibility in the amount not-to-exceed $2,322,718.00; and the Port to fund an estimated $131,100.00 of in-kind design costs directly to the Designer, bringing the Port's total project contribution to an estimated $2,453,818.00.
8. 17-2278 Consideration of the following items pertaining to On-Call Professional Engineering Services Agreements: [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
8A. 17-3146 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of three On-Call Civil Engineering Services Agreements with R.H. Shackelford, Inc., RPS Klotz Associates, Inc., and Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., each in the amount not-to-exceed $450,000.00 per year for a term of one year with one additional one-year extension option to provide On-Call Civil Engineering Services for Infrastructure Management Program and the Neighborhood Access and Mobility Program projects.
8B. 17-3147 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of two On-Call Civil Engineering Services Agreements with Gonzalez, Kypuros & White, Inc. and AECOM Technical Services, Inc., each in the amount not-to-exceed $450,000.00 per year for a term of one year with one additional one-year extension option to provide On-Call Civil Engineering Services for Federally Funded Projects.
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
9. 17-2854 An Ordinance authorizing a lease agreement with Imperial Aviation, LLC for Hangar 7 at Stinson Municipal Airport and is expected to generate $10,690.47 in annual revenue. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Russell Handy, Director, Aviation]
Grant Applications and Awards
10. 17-2884 An Ordinance authorizing submission of an AmeriCorps VISTA grant renewal application to the Corporation of National and Community Service, and acceptance if awarded, for the period of May 29, 2017 through May 28, 2018; a cash match of $23,760.00; and amendments to agreements as required by the grantor. [María Villagómez, Assistant City Manager; Melody Woosley, Director, Human Services]
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
11. 17-3060 An Ordinance appointing and reappointing members to the Building-Related and Fire Codes Appeals and Advisory Board for terms of office effective June 1, 2017 to expire May 31, 2019; and waiving the City Code Residency Requirement in Chapter 2, Article IX, Section 2-529(B) for specified appointees. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
12. 17-2990 A Resolution appointing and reappointing members to the Westside Development Corporation Board of Directors. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
13. 17-3131 An Ordinance amending the FY 2017 Annual Operating Budget based on actual revenues and expenditures for the first six months of FY 2017 (October 2016 to March 2017) and projections for the remaining six months of FY 2017 (April 2017 to September 2017) in the General Fund and various Restricted Funds and authorizing positions. [María Villagómez, Assistant City Manager; Justina Tate, Director, Management and Budget]
14. 17-2051 An Ordinance approving the Pre-K 4 SA program Fiscal Year 2018 Budget in the amount of $48,274,336.00 Pre-K 4 SA program as adopted by the Pre-K 4 SA Board of Directors on April 18, 2017. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Sarah Baray, Ph.D., CEO, Pre-K 4 SA]
15. 17-2727 An Ordinance approving an agreement with the Southwest Texas Regional Advisory Council for Trauma and accepting up to $200,000.00 for services provided by the Mobile Integrated Healthcare unit of the EMS division of the San Antonio Fire Department to Embrace Hospice, LLC patients. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Charles Hood, Fire Chief]
16. 17-2922 A Resolution directing the Department of Planning & Community Development to prepare a Service Plan regarding the annexation of the Neal Road Area consisting of approximately 5.9 square miles in south Bexar County, generally located north of South Loop 1604 East, east of Applewhite Road, west of Pleasanton Road, and south of Mauermann Road. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Bridgett White, Director, Planning & Community Development]
City Manager's Report
17. 17-3143 City Manager's Report
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
May 11, 2017 City Council A Session on 2017-05-11 9:00 AM