The City Council shall convene and hold its regular meeting in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Call to Order
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation with the City Attorney's Office concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for, against, or on any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
1. 17-3641 Invocation by guest of Mayor Ivy R. Taylor.
2. 17-3642 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 17-3643 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council meetings of May 3 - 4, 2017.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
Purchase of Services, Supplies and Equipment
4. 17-3338 An Ordinance authorizing contracts with Big Tex Lawn Service, Top Notch Services, La Med Facility Maintenance, and A+ Lawn Service to provide Dangerous Premises Abatement Lot Clearing and Securing of Structures for the Development Services Department in a cumulative amount not to exceed $325,583.00, annually. [Roderick J. Sanchez, Assistant City Manager; Michael Shannon, Director, Development Services]
5. 17-3217 An Ordinance accepting the offer from Cowboy Dodge, Jeep, Ram to provide the San Antonio Fire Department with one replacement first responder unit for a total cost of $79,263.02, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
6. 17-3307 An Ordinance accepting the bids from Silsbee Ford and Ancira Motor Company to provide the San Antonio Police Department with four replacement light duty trucks for a total cost of $165,926.30, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
7. 17-3322 An Ordinance accepting the bids from Anderson Machinery Company, Associated Supply Company, Inc. dba ASCO Equipment Co., Centerline Supply, Cooper Equipment Co., Doggett Freightliner of South Texas, LLC, H&E Equipment Services, Holt Cat, Nueces Power Equipment, RDO Equipment Co., Vermeer Equipment of Texas, and Waukesha-Pearce Industries, Inc. to provide various City departments with medium and heavy equipment for a total cost of $3,974,112.22, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund and the Storm Water Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
8. 17-3326 An Ordinance accepting the bids from Alamo City Chevrolet, Ancira Motor Company, Cooper Equipment Co., Doggett Freightliner of South Texas, LLC, Grande Truck Center, Grapevine DCJ, LLC, Gunn Chevrolet LTD, H&E Equipment Services, Rush Truck Center, Santex Truck Center, and Superior Trailer Sales to provide 59 medium and heavy duty trucks and trailers for a total cost of $4,871,842.62, funded from the Equipment Renewal and Replacement Fund, the Storm Water Fund, and the Fleet Services Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
9. 17-2244 An Ordinance authorizing a contract with TXTOW Corp d/b/a Texas Towing for towing services for City-owned vehicles and equipment through September 30, 2020 for an estimated annual cost of $240,000.00. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Troy Elliott, Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Finance]
10. 17-2427 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to an Advanced Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for the City to accept an additional $9,542,584.00 from federal funds and an additional $1,025,827.00 from State funds for a total not to exceed amount of $18,262,586.00 for project costs related to the construction of the Harry Wurzbach at Austin Highway Intersection Improvements Project, located in Council Districts 2 and 10, and authorizing payment in the amount of $23,667.00 to TxDOT for the increase in State oversight due to an increase in scope. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
11. 17-2701 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of five On-Call Civil Engineering Services Agreements with Camacho-Hernandez & Associates, Inc., Maestas & Associates Inc., Sanchez-Salazar & Associates, Inc., Garcia & Wright Consulting Engineers Inc., and IDCUS Inc., each in the amount not-to-exceed $750,000.00 per year for a term of one year with two additional one-year extension options, to provide as-needed On-Call Civil Engineering Services for capital improvement projects. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
12. 17-2755 An Ordinance authorizing a Task Order Contract with Flasher Equipment Co. in an amount not to exceed $1,699,364.35 for projects in support of the Bike Infrastructure Management Program and intersection improvements for special traffic calming and Vision Zero pedestrian safety projects. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
13. 17-2878 An Ordinance authorizing a Job Order Contract for the Downtown Pedestrian Wayfinding Signage Project payable to Straight Line Management Company, LLC in an amount not to exceed $653,710.00 of which funds are available from the Parking Trailblazing Signage System project and Downtown Pedestrian Wayfinding project as included in the FY 2017 Capital Improvement Program. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation and Capital Improvements]
14. 17-2895 An Ordinance authorizing a change order for the Theo Avenue and Malone Corridor Improvements Project, a 2012-2017 Bond funded project, in the amount of $282,394.88 and authorizing payment to Capital Excavation Company for curbs, sidewalks, driveway approaches and the resurfacing of pavement at the intersecting streets between Theo Avenue and Malone Avenue, located in Council District 5. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
15. 17-2968 An Ordinance for the Alamodome Renovation Project authorizing an amendment to the existing Design-Build Contract and payment to Turner Construction Company for testing, investigation and repairs to the Alamodome smoke control system, and sound system improvements increasing the contract amount by $1,275,000.00 for a total contract value not to exceed $51,024,924.00 of which $525,000.00 will be funded through the Community & Visitor Facilities Fund Operating Budget and the remaining $750,000.00 will be appropriated from the Hotel Occupancy Tax Redemption & Capital Reserve Fund into the Convention Sports Facilities State Reimbursement Fund. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
16. 17-3112 An Ordinance authorizing the conveyance to the Hemisfair Public Facilities Corporation of real property consisting of a total of 2.478 acres of property located adjacent to Hemisfair Park and Hemisfair Parkland in Council District 1; and authorizing an amendment to the Master Lease Agreement and Master Agreement. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; John Jacks, Director, Center City Development & Operations]
17. 17-3431 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with the San Antonio Garden Center, Inc. to exercise the first of two, 10 year extensions to the contract period and adjusting the contract end date to June 30, 2027. [María Villagómez, Assistant City Manager; Xavier D. Urrutia Director, Parks & Recreation]
18. 17-3433 Consideration of the following items relating to the Northwest Area Recreation Center Project, a 2012 General Obligation Bond and Certificates of Obligation funded project, located in Council District 6: [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
18A. 17-3724 An Ordinance terminating the Development Agreement with Mission Development Group and authorizing the execution of a Sales Agreement with San Antonio Housing Trust, declaring as surplus and authorizing the sale of approximately 5.8 acres of property in an amount of $1,350,000.00.
18B. 17-3725 An Ordinance authorizing the San Antonio Housing Trust Finance Corporation to issue Multi-Family Housing Revenue Bonds for development of the Brookwood Apartments, an affordable independent senior living facility, in an amount not to exceed $25,000,000.00.
Grant Applications and Awards
19. 17-3273 An Ordinance authorizing the submission of a grant application and the acceptance of funds upon award in an amount up to $90,000.00 for reimbursement of allowable costs for Interlibrary Loan services from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission for the period of September 1, 2016 - August 31, 2017. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager; Ramiro Salazar, Director, Library]
20. 17-3108 An Ordinance authorizing an amendment to the professional services agreement with Alamo Environmental, Inc to increase the contract value in the amount of $200,000.00 for on-call environmental remediation services for the San Antonio Airport System. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Russell Handy, Director, Aviation]
21. 17-3154 An Ordinance authorizing amendments to the professional services agreements with AECOM Technical Services, Inc. and Reynolds, Smith & Hills, Inc. for on-call general engineering consulting services for the San Antonio Airport System to increase the contract value of each in the amount of $750,000.00. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Russell Handy, Director, Aviation]
22. 17-3293 An Ordinance appropriating $100,000.00 for the design work of a stormwater drainage project at Terminal B at the San Antonio International Airport. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Russell Handy, Director, Aviation]
23. 17-3412 An Ordinance authorizing a standard display case loan agreement for the San Antonio Airport System to allow the display of various items of aviation and/or military memorabilia loaned by other organizations for the enjoyment of visitors and the promotion of the history of aviation in San Antonio. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Russell Handy; Director, Aviation]
24. 17-3428 An Ordinance authorizing an agreement with Arbor E&T, LLC d/b/a ResCare Workforce Services to provide youth participants with real-world work experience through placement with the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District through August 31, 2018. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; Dr. Colleen M. Bridger, Director of Health]
City Manager's Report
25. 17-3644 City Manager's Report
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Jun 08, 2017 City Council A Session on 2017-06-08 9:00 AM