The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
12:00PM: Lunch Break
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7245 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 13-759 Invocation by Pastor Jay Brown, St. Mark's United Methodist Church, guest of Councilmember Diego Bernal, District 1.
2. 13-760 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 13-761 Approval of Minutes for the City Council Budget Work Session of August 27, 2013.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
ACTION ITEMS FOR STAFF BRIEFING
4. 13-769 An Ordinance authorizing the negotiation and execution of a Funding Agreement in an amount not to exceed $7.7 million with the University of the Incarnate Word for the construction of a School of Osteopathic Medicine to be located at the Fox Tech High School Campus in City Council District 1; authorizing $138,000.00 from the FY 2014 Capital Budget to the Capital Improvements Management Services Department for capital administrative fees; and amending the FY 2014 to FY 2019 Capital Budget. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Lori Houston, Director, Center City Development]
5. 13-499 An Ordinance accepting the lowest responsive bid and awarding a construction contract, including two additive alternates, in the amount of $6,634,566.50 to E-Z Bel Construction, LLC; of this total contract amount, funds up to $149,718.00 will be reimbursed by CPS Energy; and funds up to $485,510.77 will be reimbursed by the San Antonio Water Systems for the construction of Medical Center Intersection Improvement Phase IX, a 2012-2017 General Obligation Bond funded project, located in Council Districts 7 and 8. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Capital Improvements Management Services]
6. 13-558 An Ordinance authorizing a change order in an increased amount not to exceed $1,200,000.00 to the existing Task Order Contract Package 8 contract with Clark Construction of Texas, Inc., for additional street projects to be completed as part of the FY 2014 Street Maintenance Program. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Anthony Chukwudolue, Interim Director, Public Works]
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
7. 13-525 An Ordinance closing, vacating, and abandoning a 0.148-acre, improved portion of Spitzer Avenue located generally south of Loop 410 and Southton Road in Council District 3, as requested by Abasto Properties, LLC for a fee of $10,872.00, conditioned on the petitioner dedicating by plat a cul-de-sac at the end of Spitzer Avenue. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Capital Improvements Management Services]
8. 13-502 An Ordinance approving a standard lease agreement and rental rates effective through October 31, 2018 for the West Air Cargo Facility at the San Antonio International Airport. [Ed Belmares, Assistant City Manager; Frank Miller, Director, Aviation]
Grant Applications and Awards
9. 13-588 An Ordinance authorizing the acceptance of grant funds in an amount up to $45,986,271.00 for the period beginning October 1, 2013 and extending up to September 30, 2014, consistent with the award; a full year budget, which includes $4,812,202.00 in federal matching grant funds; execution of an agreement with Workforce Solutions Alamo for the FY 2014 Child Care Services Program, extending up to September 30, 2014; a personnel complement of 58 positions; and a delegate agency contract with Alamo Area Development Corporation for rural child care services in an amount of up to $574,452.00 to serve 11 rural counties in the Alamo Workforce Development Area, with renewal options. [Gloria Hurtado, Assistant City Manager; Melody Woosley, Interim Director, Human Services]
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
10. 13-663 Appointing individuals to each of the following positions on the San Antonio Water System Board of Trustees: [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
A) South Sector for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire May 31, 2016.
B) Southwest Sector for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire May 31, 2017.
C) Southeast Sector for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire May 31, 2014
D) Northwest Sector for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire May 31, 2017.
E) Northeast Sector for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire May 31, 2017.
F) Reappointing Heriberto Guerra, Jr. as Chairman of the Board for a term to expire May 31, 2014.
11. 13-740 A Resolution nominating candidate(s) to serve on the Bexar Appraisal District Board of Directors for a term of office to expire December 31, 2015. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
12. 13-685 Consideration of the following Board, Commission and Committee appointments for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2015, to be effective immediately upon the receipt of eight affirmative votes, or, in the event eight affirmative votes are not received, ten days after appointment; or for terms and effectiveness as otherwise indicated below: [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
A) Reappointing Valeria Hernandez (District 5) to the Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee.
B) Reappointing Norman T. Dugas (District 3) to the Capital Improvements Advisory Committee.
C) Reappointing Charles M. Bartlett (District 3) to the Linear Creekway Parks Advisory Board.
D) Appointing Travis Cox (District 8) to the Parks and Recreation Board.
E) Reappointing John A. Rodriguez (District 3) to the City Commission on Veterans Affairs.
F) Appointing Cerina Medina (District 7) and reappointing Mark A. Vargas (District 3) to the San Antonio Youth Commission.
G) Reappointing Chris D. Alderete (District 7) to the Port Authority of San Antonio.
H) Reappointing Celina Moreno (District 7) to the Mayor's Commission on the Status of Women.
I) Appointing John J. Middleton, II (District 9) to the Zoning Commission.
J) Appointing Mrs. Loyce J. Ince (District 9) to the San Antonio Public Library Board of Trustees for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire September 30, 2015.
K) Reappointing William E. Merten (District 9) to the San Antonio Housing Trust.
L) Reappointing Mona K. Meikle (District 9) to the City Commission on Veteran Affairs.
M) Reappointing Rita C. Braeutigam (District 9) to the Animal Care Services Advisory Board.
N) Reappointing Richard Berry (District 9) to the Disability Access Advisory Committee.
13. 13-660 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of a two-year extension to the professional services agreement for state representation with Marc A. Rodriguez for a total monthly amount of $5,555.00, beginning October 1, 2013 and ending September 30, 2015. [Carlos Contreras, Assistant City Manager; Jeff Coyle, Director, Intergovernmental Relations]
14. 13-567 An Ordinance consenting to the assumption and assignment of the concession agreements for two InMotion Entertainment locations in the San Antonio International Airport from Project Horizon, Inc. to InMotion Entertainment Group, LLC. [Ed Belmares, Assistant City Manager; Frank Miller, Director, Aviation]
15. 13-614 An Ordinance authorizing the second one year renewal of the Compressed Natural Gas Fueling Facility Operation and Maintenance Contract with Transtar Energy Company LP, a subsidiary of Clean Energy Fuels Corp, for an estimated annual amount up to $166,000.00, funded by the Solid Waste Operating and Maintenance Fund. [Ben Gorzell, Chief Financial Officer; Jorge Perez, Director, Building and Equipment Services]
16. 13-788 City Manager's Report
A. Public Works Update
B. Animal Care Services Update
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.