The City Council shall hold its regular meetings in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in the Municipal Plaza Building within the City Hall Complex beginning at 9:00 AM. After the meeting is convened, the City Council shall consider the following time certain items no sooner than the designated times, but may consider them at a later time.
9:00AM: Invocation and Approval of Minutes
12:00PM: Lunch Break
VIDEOCONFERENCE NOTICE: This meeting of the City Council may include participation via remote videoconference. The presiding officer and a quorum of the City Council will be present in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber in San Antonio, Texas while one Councilmember may participate remotely via videoconference. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, members participating remotely shall be counted as being present for all purposes in the meeting.
At any time during the meeting, the City Council may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters under Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Citizens may appear before the City Council to speak for or against any item on this agenda, in accordance with procedural rules governing City Council meetings. Questions relating to these rules may be directed to the Office of the City Clerk at (210) 207-7253.
DISABILITY ACCESS STATEMENT
This meeting site is wheelchair accessible. The Accessible Entrance is located at the Municipal Plaza Building / Main Plaza Entrance. Accessible Visitor Parking Spaces are located at City Hall, 100 Military Plaza, north side. Auxiliary Aids and Services, including Deaf interpreters, must be requested forty-eight  hours prior to the meeting. For assistance, call (210) 207-7268 or 711 Texas Relay Service for the Deaf.
For additional information on any item on this agenda, please visit www.sanantonio.gov or call 207-7080.
The City Council of San Antonio will convene in the Norma S. Rodriguez Council Chamber, Municipal Plaza Building in a Regular Council Meeting at 9:00 A.M.
1. 15-5447 Invocation by Dr. Paul D. Stevens, Pastor, New Covenant Missionary Baptist Church, guest of Councilmember Alan E. Warrick II, District 2.
2. 15-5448 Pledge of Allegiance
3. 15-5449 Approval of Minutes for the Regular City Council Meetings of September 16 - 17, 2015.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY BE CONSIDERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING:
4. 15-4689 An Ordinance for the SAPD Property Room HVAC Upgrade Project, authorizing a Job Order Contract with Tejas Premier Building Contractor, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $378,181.71, a Certificates of Obligation funded project, located in Council District 5. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
5. 15-469 An Ordinance for the District 3 Community Center and Southside Lions Park awarding a single construction contract including four additive alternates in the amount of $4,940,987.00 to Allbrite Constructors of Texas, Inc, 2012-2017 Bond-funded projects located in Council District 3. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director Transportation and Capital Improvements]
6. 15-4846 An Ordinance for Indian Creek Channel Phase II from Five Palms to Medina Base Road, awarding a construction contract in the amount of $2,745,921.49 to Construction Resolution Group, of this amount, $575,215.58 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water Systems and $50,600.00 will be reimbursed by CPS Energy, a 2012-2017 Bond-funded Project located in Council District 4. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
7. 15-4930 An Ordinance for Fay Avenue Drainage Improvements (New Laredo Highway to Somerset Road) awarding a construction contract in an amount not to exceed $1,399,791.39, to D. Plata Construction Co., LLC, of which $265,015.49 will be reimbursed by San Antonio Water Systems and $548,350.00 will be reimbursed by CPS Energy, a Storm Water Revenue Bond and Community Development Block Grant funded project located in Council District 5. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
8. 15-5167 An Ordinance for the Municipal Records Facility Upgrades authorizing a Job Order Contract with Jamail and Smith Construction in an amount not to exceed $266,686.30, a FY 2016 Deferred Maintenance Project located in Council District 1. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager; Mike Frisbie, Director, Transportation & Capital Improvements]
Acquisition, Sale or Lease of Real Property
9. 15-4740 An Ordinance approving the price, terms, and conditions of sale by the Urban Renewal Agency of the City of San Antonio (OUR SA) of approximately 0.3742 and 0.2813 acres respectively of undeveloped real property, located at 103 Connelly and near the intersection of Connelly and Hedges in Council District 2, for a total sum of $16,000.00 to JMI Inc.; and authorizing the execution of any and all documents by OUR SA in connection therewith. [Lori Houston, Assistant City Manager / Acting Director, Center City Development and Operations]
Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
10. 15-5346 Consideration of the following Board, Commission and Committee appointments for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017, to be effective immediately upon the receipt of eight affirmative votes, or, in the event eight affirmative votes are not received, ten days after appointment; or for terms and effectiveness as otherwise indicated below: [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
A) Appointing Siboney Diaz-Sanchez (District 1) and R. Joy McGhee (District 3) to the Zoning Commission.
B) Reappointing Rudi Harst (District 3) to the Citizens' Environmental Advisory Committee.
C) Appointing Yadhira Lozano (District 3) to the San Antonio Arts Commission.
D) Appointing Margarita A. DeLeon (District 3) to the San Antonio Public Library Board of Trustees for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire September 30, 2016.
E) Reappointing Daniel A. Lopez (Mayoral) to the HemisFair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation for the remainder of an unexpired term of office to expire August 13, 2019.
F) Appointing Councilmember Ray Lopez (District 6), Councilmember Rey Saldaña (District 4), Councilmember Shirley Gonzales (District 5), Councilmember Ron Nirenberg (District 8), and Councilmember Joe Krier (District 9) to the VIA Local Government Approval Committee.
11. 15-5345 An Ordinance appointing 25 members to the Convention and Visitors Commission for the remainder of unexpired terms of office to expire May 31, 2017; and waiving the City Code residency requirement in Chapter 2, Article IX, Sec. 2-529(B) where appropriate. [Leticia M. Vacek, City Clerk]
12. 15-5013 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of a Pre-development and Right of Entry Agreements with the George Gervin Youth Center to conduct due diligence on the proposed Echo East mixed use development project on City owned property at 301 Spriggsdale and authorizing payment to the George Gervin Youth Center of $150,000.00 from the Inner City TIRZ Fund to fund the pre-development analysis. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager, John Dugan, Director, Planning and Community Development]
13. 15-5041 An Ordinance authorizing the execution of a 380 Economic Development Program Grant Agreement for up to $233,907.00 of Inner City TIRZ Funding to Chelsea's Catering and Bar Service for commercial kitchen equipment located at 217 Cactus Street. [Peter Zanoni, Deputy City Manager, John Dugan, Director, Planning and Community Development]
14. 15-5350 A Resolution authorizing the creation of Safe Exchange Zones at San Antonio Police Department Substations to help citizens safely broker transactions with strangers. [Erik Walsh, Deputy City Manager; William McManus, Chief of Police]
15. 15-5495 An Ordinance authorizing a funding agreement in an amount up to $260,000.00 with the Tricentennial Celebration Commission, a public, nonprofit, local government corporation responsible for Tricentennial celebration planning. [Edward Benavides, Interim Director, TriCentennial Office]
City Manager's Report
16. 15-5520 City Manager's Report
A. World Heritage Update
THE CITY COUNCIL WILL RECESS FOR LUNCH AT NOON AND RECONVENE TO CONSIDER ANY UNFINISHED COUNCIL BUSINESS
6:00 P.M. - If the Council has not yet adjourned, the presiding officer shall entertain a motion to continue the council meeting, postpone the remaining items to the next council meeting date, or recess and reconvene the meeting at a specified time on the following day.
Oct 22, 2015 City Council A Session on 2015-10-22 9:00 AM